In The Middle of Nowhere

Friday, November 17, 2017

Sometimes, you find yourself in the middle of nowhere...





Playsuit: Zara / Boots: Zalora / Bag: Gucci / Eyewear: Sunnies Studios

No. I wasn’t in the middle of nowhere. I’m just saying it for dramatic effect. But really, I was just traipsing in the middle of a finite stretch of road that is frequented by skaters and cyclists - I just happened to be lucky that none of them were in sight when I had these photos taken. :P

Okay, I digress. Let’s get to the point of this post which is of course, the outfit.

I’m pretty sure you’ve seen a lot of your favorite style bloggers/ online influencers clad in “The Alexandra” Realisation Par teacup wraparound dress (if you're not sure of what I’m talking about, here’s a reference). While I really love the simplicity of said dress, I just couldn’t justify spending $195 (plus tax and shipping fee) for it. Thankfully, Zara is always there to satiate my fashion wants at a price I can afford. The red floral number in this look post is actually a playsuit (which makes it easier and more comfortable for me to move around). I love this piece so much that I’ve already worn it 3x to different occasions – once for work, once to Erykah Badu’s concert and once to window shop (haha!)…and I don’t plan to retire it any time soon. Talk about value for money (LOL)!

Also, let’s talk about the boots. I’m so glad combat boots are back on trend once again (or at least, put on the spotlight vs. previous seasons). I happened to stumble upon this pair while searching for a decent replacement for my worn-out “rainy season” ankle boots. Aside from how macho and rugged it looked, I fell for it because of the metal ring details at the back. I will always have a soft spot for basic fashion pieces with unique details.

Now imagine that I’m wearing this outfit against a Route 66 backdrop with a guitar slinging on my back. Makes for a good album cover, right? :P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love and leave a message! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...