Tartan

Thursday, October 31, 2013





Top, Jacket & Skirt: Zara / Bag; Givenchy / Shoes: Alexander Wang / Ring & Cuff: Tiffany Kunz

I'm pretty sure most of you are busy preparing for tonight's Halloween festivities. I've been seeing a couple of Halloween costume posts on Twitter and Instagram the past few days and I can't help but wonder how it would be like to attend a crazy Halloween party. Yep, Halloween-party virgin here. Shocked? Don't be. I was never one to obsess about Halloween anyway -- never participated in a real trick-or-treat  nor decked myself in a full-on Halloween costume (Office trick-or-treat parties don't count, okay? Those are meant to be enjoyed by the employees' little tots. Haha!). For some people though, Halloween is considered as sacred and the best holiday there is...even besting Christmas. Not me. I still prefer Christmas over any holiday, even if year on year, I always get bitten by the Christmas Scrooge bug (I guess it comes with age, especially when you start working and stop receiving monetary presents from relatives because you're already deemed as self-sufficient. LOL!). Speaking of Christmas, doesn't my tartan outfit look a bit Christmas-y, especially with those poinsettia plants in the background? Can this already pass off as a Christmas-inspired Halloween costume? No? I thought so too.

Well, enjoy all of the Halloween party debauchery tonight, you Halloweeners or Trick-or-Treaters or whatever you lot like to call yourselves on Halloween night!



19 comments:

  1. You really love your small bags in red huh? Mini pandora, mini pashli and nano luggage all in red! Bag stalker here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Anje! I think it was just a coincidence that most of my bags are in red. Haha! I'm going to let go of my Mini Pashli though since it looks eerily similar to the Nano. :)

      Delete
    2. OMG are you selling? I'm always on the lookout for a great pashli!!!

      Delete
  2. Me too! I prefer Christmas over Halloween! Love the whole look Miss Kookie and oooohhh the Givenchy Pandora! <3 Fab!

    Love,
    Ericka of http://behappyblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas more than Halloween, too! October is my least favourite month because I am not into spooky stories. Haha! Anyway, there was never a time that your look has not captured me. You always style them effortlessly beautiful! You are such a cool person!!!!!! xx <3

    Gem
    www.theyinandyang.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Gem! Such a sweet comment coming from you! See you and Argie on BU6!

      Delete
  4. weird thing is i've never been a halloween person either-- had to this year since i manage a bar now.

    awesome look kookie! i die on the inside from pure fandom. miss you!

    xx
    eden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too, babes! Although I want to experience a Halloween party kahit once in my lifetime lang. We'll see! Haha!

      Delete
  5. I don't know if we can be friends anymore... LOL! Halloween is my favorite! Although Christmas is my second favorite. :) I love dressing up though. And now I love it even more that my little boy can go out and trick or treat. :)

    I'm in LOVE with your pencil skirt. I've been looking for a vintage, plaid, calf length skirt for a few weeks. It's so good! Love the way you styled yours! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Just so we're clear though, I don't hate Halloween -- I just don't want to exert that much effort (or spend) on a costume. Hehe! But now that you're a mom, I can imagine how fun it's like to dress up for the Halloween, together with your kiddo. :)

      Delete
  6. love the look Ate Kookie,..haha same po tayo hindi pa nakakaattend ng cray2x halloween party,..mabuti pa po nga ang Christmas,..hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  7. really adore this look! i LOVE everything in here :)

    Happy Halloween Ms.Kookie!

    czarina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful look ! :))) I love plaid :))) <3

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love and leave a message! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...