Starburst

Tuesday, December 24, 2013




Sweater: Beyond Style Manila / Skirt: Cheap Monday / Bag: Givenchy / Boots: Zara / Earrings: F21 / Eyewear: from Shanghai

Just one day left 'till Christmas Day and as per usual, I feel as if the Christmas bug decided to elude me once again. As soon as I started working (which feels like a century ago), Christmas has never been the same. I guess it's partially due to being in constant motion at work that you lose time to sit down, mull over and relish the happy Christmas thoughts you once had when you were younger -- i.e. attending Simbang Gabi, getting dressed up in a cute dress with a windbreaker to keep yourself warm from the cold draft, hearing your kid neighbors go from door to door as they serenade you with Christmas carols, and the list goes on. Oh the things that I would do to get those old Christmas 'feels' back...

 But instead of griping, I think I have to remind myself to be more grateful...because I've been blessed with a wonderful life, coupled with a loving set of family and friends and a stable job -- and this, in itself, is an amazing Christmas present.

Let's pray for all of those who'll be spending their Christmas alone, away from their families. Let's pray for those who aren't fortunate enough to receive gifts this Christmas, let alone have food on the table to eat. Moreover, let's pray for all of the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. They too, deserve a great Christmas this year.



17 comments:

  1. Rockin' outfit!! Love the bag! Would you like to follow each other vía gfc?
    Merry Christmas
    Bellassinperderlacabeza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and for dropping by, dear!

      Delete
  2. Love the sweater Miss Kookie! :) Will pray for the typhoon victims.

    Love,
    Ericka of http://behappyblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sweater! I love your style and your hair is gorgeous!

    -Karin
    http://theestylenotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Karin! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. I just fell in love with that sweater, i gonna buy it or attempt to make it. Happy Holidays.
    --http://the-profashionalist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Ms.Kookie! The sweater has this very interesting detail and i love how your paired it with an equally interesting mesh skirt :) Chic for Christmas day!

    My excitement for this celebration in my younger years is incomparable. Christmas is really for kids.

    czarina :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. Well, the giddy, cant-sleep type of excitement over Christmas is. But I believe that for adults, Christmas celebrations, when done right, becomes more heartfelt vs. exciting. Happy Holidays, Cza!

      Delete
  6. This look is beyond perfect my dear! Love it so much, especially that skirt! Your style is amazing and do is your blog! So happy I found you xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Becky! Glad that you found my blog and liked it!

      Delete
  7. Such a fun sweater! Love how you styled this look <3

    xoxo Iris
    A DASH OF FASH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Iris! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

      Delete

Show me some love and leave a message! I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...